MPPC will provide scholarship assistance to full time students enrolled in a Montana college or university. Students must be majoring in a field beneficial to Montana’s swine industry.
- Applicants must be residents of the state of Montana.
- Applicants must be full time undergraduate students at an accredited Montana college or university, of sophomore, junior or senior standing at the time the scholarship is paid, and majoring in a field beneficial to animal agriculture.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 is recommended.
- Recipients must plan to pursue a career in a field related to agriculture. This may include (but is not limited to) education, research, production or marketing.
- Preference will be given to relatives of current or past Montana pork producers and to students who express a strong interest in a career in the swine industry, although other meritorious students will be considered.
- Past recipients are eligible for subsequent awards, but scholarship renewal is not automatic.
NUMBER OF AWARDS AND DOLLAR AMOUNT:
The number of awards per year and the dollar amount will be determined by the MPPC Scholarship Committee. A total of $1,500 is awarded on average.
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND SELECTION:
Applications are due in the MPPC office NO LATER THAN March 1, 2013 for 2013-2014 academic year. Selection announced by March 31st and award amounts split between semesters.